- What is Mega Millions®? How does it work? Where does the money go?
- Mega Millions is a multi-state jackpot game with MEGA jackpots and MEGA Fun. North Carolina is one of the 43 states plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands that offer Mega Millions. You choose six numbers and there are nine exciting ways to win the game. When you play Mega Millions you are playing with all players in the other jurisdictions. All profits from the game are kept by the state that sells the tickets.
- When are the drawings?
- Tuesday and Friday at approximately 11:00 p.m. EST
- Where are the numbers drawn?
- Drawings are held at WSB-TV in Atlanta, Georgia. In North Carolina the drawings can be viewed on the following stations:
- WRAL - Channel 5, Raleigh
- WITN - Channel 7, Greenville, New Bern & Washington
- WXLV - Channel 45, The Triad
- WLOS - Channel 13, Asheville
- WAXN - TV64, Charlotte
- What is the ticket cost?
- $1 per play per draw, unless you choose the Megaplier®, which is $2 per play per draw.
- What is the Megaplier®?
- This feature allows a player to multiply their winnings of all set prizes (all prizes except the jackpot prize) by a number randomly drawn just before the Mega Millions drawing. Megaplier players who win any of the set prizes are guaranteed to multiply their winnings up to 2, 3, 4, or 5 times.
- What are the odds of winning?
- The approximate overall odds of winning are 1 in 14.71. The approximate odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 258.9 million.
- Do you have to match the numbers in exact order to be a winner?
- No, as long as you have the numbers drawn listed on your ticket in a single line, it does not matter what order they are drawn. However, you do have to match the Mega Ball® exactly.
- Can I get the computer to pick my numbers?
- Yes. Just select Quick Pick on your play slip or ask your retailer for a Quick Pick ticket.
- Can I buy tickets for more than one drawing at a time?
- Yes. Players can purchase a multi-draw ticket for up to 26 consecutive draws, including the current draw.
- What is an exchange ticket?
- If a player wins on a multi-draw ticket, and still has draws left on that ticket, when the winning ticket is validated and paid, a new ticket covering the remainder of the draws will be printed in “exchange” for the ticket that is being paid out.
- What is the cut-off time to purchase Mega Millions tickets before the drawing?
- The deadline for purchases before the drawing on Tuesday and Friday is 10:45 EST.
- Can Mega Millions tickets be canceled?
- No, so be sure to check your selection on the play slip and verify your ticket cost prior to purchase. A Mega Millions ticket CANNOT be cancelled after it is generated.
- Can you use a playslip from another Mega Millions state?
- No. You must use the play slip for North Carolina.
- How do I claim my prize?
- Visit the How To Claim page (http://nc-educationlottery.org/info_how-to-claim.aspx) on this website, for information on how to claim your prize.
- How long do I have to collect a Mega Millions prize?
- In North Carolina, all draw game tickets must be redeemed within 180 days of the drawing date.
- Can a group of people share a Mega Millions prize?
- Yes, Mega Millions prizes can be shared. Winners can decide how to share a prize when they claim it. Some restrictions do apply.
- What are the payout options?
- If you are a Mega Millions jackpot winner, you will have the choice of a Cash Option or an Annual Annuity Payout. The Cash Option is a one-time, lump-sum payment that is equal to all the cash in the Mega Millions jackpot prize pool. The Annual Annuity Payout option provides graduated annual payments over a 30-year period.
- What happens if I lose my ticket?
- The North Carolina Education Lottery and Mega Millions are NOT responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Protect yourself by signing the back of your tickets. Lottery tickets are bearer instruments. Unless signed, anyone in possession of the ticket can file a claim.
MONOPOLY © 2014 HASBRO.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
LICENSED BY HASBRO.