- When will the drawings be held?
- There are two daily drawings for Carolina Pick 3: one in the day and one in the evening. Drawings are held seven days a week at 3:00 p.m. and approximately 11:22 p.m.
- How do I select the afternoon or evening drawings?
- Playslips are available where Pick 3 tickets are sold. These playslips offer a choice between the daytime drawing, the evening drawing, or both. Players select DAY DRAW to play daytime draws only, or choose EVENING DRAW to play evening draws only. Choosing BOTH DRAWS will allow you to play both DAY and EVENING draws.
- What will happen if I forget to select a drawing?
- The terminal which prints the ticket will default to the next scheduled drawing, whether daytime or evening.
- What time will ticket sales stop before the drawing?
- Ticket sales for the daytime drawing stop at 2:45pm and will resume at approximately 3:15pm. Ticket sales for the evening drawing stop at 11:00pm and will resume at approximately 11:30pm. These are referred to as draw breaks.
- Where will I be able to see the drawings?
- The Carolina Pick 3 Drawing will be televised on:
WRAL - Channel 5, Raleigh
WITN - Channel 7, Greenville, New Bern & Washington
WXLV - Channel 45, Winston-Salem, Greensboro & High Point
WLOS - Channel 13, Asheville
WAXN - TV64, Charlotte
- Where will the live drawings take place?
- They will be conducted at WRAL’s TV studio in Raleigh and broadcast to the official NCEL drawing stations live.
- Besides television, how else can I get the winning numbers?
- Winning numbers are available at the following sources:
Webcast at nc-educationlottery.org, WRAL.com, WITNTV.com, WILM-TV.com, abc45.com, WSOCTV.com, and wlos.com. Draw videos and winning numbers must be verified and are posted at approximately 3:30 p.m. Customer Services - Call the NCEL toll free at 877-962-7529. Follow our updates on Facebook to receive YouTube videos of the drawings in your feed. E-mail Updates - Sign up to receive automatic winning number updates via e-mail or text message at www.lucke-zone.com. Local NCEL retailers - Visit any lottery retailer in your area.
- How much can be won playing Carolina Daily 3?
- Depending on the amount played and the type of play selected, you can win between $40 and $500 twice daily. (See the Pick 3 how to play brochure for detailed prize information.)
- When will prize winnings be available for payment from a retailer location after the drawing?
- Validations will be available shortly after the drawing has been verified.
- How long do I have to claim my Carolina Pick 3 prize?
- In accordance with NCEL prize payment policy, all online game prizes must be claimed within 180 calendar days of the drawing. A mailed online ticket must be received at NCEL Headquarters or any NCEL office within 180 calendar days of the drawing. Postmarks shall not constitute satisfaction of the 180 day requirement.
- Can Carolina Pick 3 tickets be cancelled if a mistake is made when generating the ticket?
- Yes. At your request, your Carolina Pick 3 ticket can be canceled on the lottery terminal where it was produced within 15 minutes of the purchase time or within the remaining time before the draw break, whichever occurs first.
- What are the ways to play Carolina Pick 3?
- You can choose to match your numbers to the winning numbers in EXACT ORDER, ANY ORDER, 50/50 (which combines EXACT and ANY ORDER plays together), or COMBO.
- What is an “EXACT ORDER” play?
- Your numbers have to match the numbers drawn in the exact order they are listed on your ticket. Prize amounts for this play type are $250 or $500.
- What is an “ANY ORDER” play?
- The numbers on your ticket must match the numbers drawn, but the order of the numbers doesn’t matter. Prize amounts for this play type range from $40 to $160.
- What is a “50/50” play?
- This play combines 50¢ Exact Order and 50¢ Any Order plays, so that you win either way your numbers are drawn. If you match exactly, you win both the Exact Order and Any Order prizes. (This play can only be purchase for $1.00.) Prize amounts for this play type range from $40 to $330.
- What is a “COMBO” play?
- A Combo play is an Exact Order play for every possible combination of the numbers you selected on one ticket. Prize amounts for this play type are $250 or $500.
- What is the least amount I can play on Carolina Pick 3?
- What does 3-Way mean?
- 3-Way means that you have chosen a number that has 2 digits that are alike. (Example: 377) Because of that, there are only 3 ways to combine the numbers selected to match the numbers drawn, (i.e. 377 – 737 – 773).
- What does 6-Way mean?
- 6-Way means that you have chosen a number that has 3 different digits. (Example: 368) Because of that, there are 6 ways to combine the numbers selected to match the numbers drawn, (i.e. 368 – 386 – 638 – 683 – 836 – 863).
- Why are the prize payouts different for 3-Way and 6-Way?
- As the number of ways to arrange the digits increase, thereby increasing the number of ways you have to win, the prizes gradually decrease.
- Can I use Quick Pick to play Carolina Pick 3?
- Yes. Both full and partial Quick Pick are available.
- What is an Advance play?
- Advance play allows you to select specific future draw days excluding the current drawing for whatever draw is chosen (day, evening, or both). The maximum number of future drawings using the Advance Play feature is 6. For example, if today is Monday and you'd like to play on Wednesday, mark Wednesday under the Advance Play section and you will skip Monday and Tuesday drawings.
- What is a Multi-Draw ticket?
- Multi-Draw allows you to purchase tickets for up to 7 consecutive drawings for the evening draw including the current drawing or 7 consecutive drawings for the day draw including the current drawing.
- I’ve heard that numbers can sometimes be “cut-off.” Are there any limitations I should know about when picking my numbers?
- Yes, there are limitations on prize payout liability, although the occurrence is rare. If the total prize liabilities for any number in combination of all types of Plays exceed a pre-determined limit, as established by the NCEL, then no further wagers on that number shall be accepted for that drawing. Such liability limit may be modified, from time to time, at the sole discretion of the NCEL.
- How do I claim my prize?
- Visit the How To Claim page (http://nc-educationlottery.org/info_how-to-claim.aspx) on this website, for information on how to claim your prize.
MONOPOLY © 2014 HASBRO.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
LICENSED BY HASBRO.